Sugar is one of the most commonly used and easily available sweeteners across the world. However, when it comes to its nutritional properties, it is not-so-healthy. Do you happen to be a tea lover who often ends up putting a lot of sugar in their tea? If yes, then it’s time to limit its consumption as excessive sugar intake can cause your body more harm than good. There are a lot of alternatives to the same, however, the best of all is jaggery. You’d be surprised to know how beneficial jaggery could be if you use it in place of sugar in your tea. Even though sugar and jaggery both are made up of the same source, sugarcane, one is healthier than the other. This is primarily because sugar is a refined form of sugarcane and jaggery is more natural and non-refined. Jaggery has a lot of other added benefits as well. Read on to know more.
1) Aids Digestion: Jaggery is often recommended to people who have constipation as it improves the digestion process in the body. One should have little bit of jaggery every day.
2) Rich Source of Iron: Eating portions of jaggery everyday can fulfil the iron and mineral requirement in your body. It is quite beneficial for people who are suffering from anaemia.
3) Fight Cold and Cough: Jaggery is considered as a remedy for cold and cough. It is warm and natural and hence doesn’t have any side effects. Have it daily when you’re not well and you’ll recover quickly in a very natural way.
Jaggery is considered as a remedy for cold and cough
4) Rich in Antioxidants: Jaggery is an excellent source of antioxidants which helps in boosting the overall immunity. It helps in preventing free-radical damage in the body. They also help in strengthening the bones and joints in the body.
5) Acts As Cleansing Agent: Jaggery acts a cleansing agent in the body and helps in flushing out toxins from various organs. It has the ability to improve the overall health to a great extent.
Jaggery acts a cleansing agent
6) Aids Weight Loss: Having jaggery in an adequate and controlled amount could even help you in weight loss. It creates a healthy metabolism in the body which helps digest food better and faster.
Try replacing sugar with jaggery in your tea and enjoy all the health benefits that it has to offer. Stay healthy, stay happy!