Both primary and Secondary school teachers can use a Human Sundial to enhance their students understanding and mastering of the Earth Sun relationship.
- Once you have installed a Human Sundial you can demonstrate how the earth’s rotation on its axis causes night and day.
- You can also demonstrate why the earth being tilted 23.5 on its axis and its revolution around the sun is the cause of the different seasons.
- By getting your students out of the classroom and getting them actively involved.
- You will take up your students grades much more quickly than learning in a classroom.
- Children are surprised to learn that one half of the earth is in daylight with the other half is in darkness.
- Your students can observe and record the change in the length and direction of a shadow during the day to show how the rotation of the earth on its axis and its revolution around the sun can be used to measure time during the day and throughout the year, by using a Human Sundial.
- In addition to their obvious connection with ‘Mathematics and Science” our “Sunclock” is often used as an outdoor ‘Art and Craft’ project.
- To Brighten up School grounds with a feature which is interactive, decorative, plus vandal proof.
Join the many schools in Australia and New Zealand who have installed a Human Sundial.
[Source:- UK education news]