What is Python for Data Science?
Python, a powerful programming language which has made analysing data much easier that is has ever been in decades. With number of tools fit to work effectively and exclusively for data sciences, the technology and the industry is reaching its new heights with different applications.
About the course
Data Science with Python course, is an introduction for the beginners on the basics which includes techniques like, Lambdas, reading and manipulating csv files, and the Numpy library. It will provide for various tutorials on how to use functions such as merge, and pivot tables effectively, to introducing data manipulation and cleaning techniques using the popular Python course. It also introduced an abstraction of the Series and Data Frame as the central data structures for data analysis.
This Course is part of Applied Data Science with Python, and is exclusively for learners who have basic python or programming background, and want to apply techniques like statistics, machine learning, information visualization, social network analysis, and text analysis techniques to learn and discover new insights into data. The curriculum is in a tutorial format using the Pandas library. Basic statistical background is expected, and the earliest lessons contain a rewind of these basic concepts. There are no restrictions in this course, as learners with a formal training in Computer Science but without formal training in data science will also find themselves being the gainers from this course for their academic and career performances.
What’s the focus?
This course is crafted to diffuse an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the numerous libraries and packages required to perform data analysis, data visualization, web scraping, machine learning, and natural language processing. Data Science with Python course is filled with on-field projects, real-time demos, assignments that put your skills at test, and case studies that bring you not just a theoretical knowledge but also a hands-on experience.
The Course is advised to be undertaken after other Applied Data Science with Python courses: Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python, Applied Machine Learning in Python, Applied Text Mining in Python, Applied Social Network Analysis in Python.
What you’ll bag from this course
- Exploring the fundamentals of Python language, including basic syntax, and variables
- Creating and altering or manipulating regular Python lists
- Using functions to import packages
- Building Numpy arrays, and making calculations
- Creating and customizing plots on real data
- Supercharging scripts with control flow, and understanding Pandas Data Frame
- Installing the essentials of Python environment and other auxiliary tools and libraries
- Performing advanced mathematical computing using Numpy package and its library of mathematical functions
- Extracting useful data from websites by performing web scrapping using Python